2012 Dodge Journey R/T windshield wiper issues

Hi,

I have an issue with my DJ's front wiper. It does not want to come back down. At the top of the  wiper cycle, it sounds like the motor is clicking then I have to force it back down to complete 1 cycle. The point of where it stops is always random, sometimes at the top of the cycle, sometimes it comes down part way but will not make a full wiper cycle on its own. just wondering if anyone has any clue what it could be? Could it be the motor, wiper arm, and/or apparently there's a wiper motor transmission as well? Would like to be more enlightened as to what it could be so I can prepare myself for the costs. Already started calling the dealerships in my area but they may be booked up and wont even give me a high number estimate.

Thanks in advance

probally the motor you could pull all the plastic push pins that hold the black plastic cover that hides the wiper linkage and motor under the hood and then run the wipers and see if any thing or what is happening while they are in motion.then you could also see if you want to do the repair or have a mechanic do it. let us know what you find out, also a regular mechanic would be cheaper than the dealership

1 hour ago, deejizzle said:

both wipers, not sure what you meant with the second question but doesnt seem to be any friction issues with the wiper and windshield.

well was meaning if its just one wiper maybe it was loose on the post that turns the wiper and had offset it. the wipers are held on by a spring clip to a serrated post for holding it in one postion