License Plate Screw Specs

ctc

Does anyone know the screw specifications to hold a license plate on a Dodge Journey? I went to change my rear plate from the dealer and the screws just fell out and won't go back in. I think they didn't know what they were doing and wedged the screws into place.

It's not the screws, its the nuts in the body. Make them replace them if you just bought the car, or most auto parts stores sell them. Just have to get the right size. Like this.

https://www.amazon.com/License-Replacement-Securing-Plates-Domestic/dp/B072DRB7S7/ref=lp_15736241_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1532432365&sr=1-2

Edited by jkeaton

actually since he is talking about the rear plate they use the nut insert the uses a different thread them the ones you showed and he would be better to make them fix it then for him to try to fix it. the insert and screws can be bought off amazon or someplace that handles such screws.       M6 6mm Flat Head Aluminum Rivet Nut Blind Insert Nut Pack Of 100 not sure if this is the size he needs but this what he needs and then has to remove the old ones that are bad put in the new ones than buy the screws. you can u tube to see hoe to install them buy buying the tool or rigging one up yourself. i actually have a a small cup of them off the floor when i worked at the caravan plant 10 yrs ago still haven't used any of them yet...lol