Material thickness on factory brakes

I've got a 2014 Journey CVP and just had another peace of mind service done on it today and am wondering what the thickness on the brakes generally is from the factory.

On the report it says that there is ~7mm of material left and one of the guys there mentioned that my vehicle would have had about 10mm from the factory which I find hard to believe.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I tried searching and was unable to locate anything that specified how much.

i just replaced my brakes all 4 corners on my 2014 crossroad and  i have about 74 k on it , i had already  bought the wagner thermoquite pads and when i removed the pads i was surprised as to how much pad was left, look like about half of the pads were still there . went ahead and changed them all out, the rears looked more worn then the fronts.guess i would have got at least 100 k on them but was half way there so done them all....

First vehicle I’ve ever owned where I had to replace tires (@42000 miles) before brake pads. One thing they got right was addressing the poor brake performance on the earlier models. Not sure if you are making a complaint or not, but if you feel they should be replaced, replace them.  Otherwise, enjoy the fact that your pads are still good at whatever mileage you are at and motor on. 

Edited by jkeaton

Thanks for the info!

I was a little skeptical of what the tech advisor had told me how much material there normally is from the factory and how much i currently have left due to the amount of mileage I currently have. 

I'm not experiencing any issues, nor do I have any complaints. I am slightly under 100,000 kilometers on my vehicle right now. 

Edited by etowiosee

Chrysler made some major changes on the brakes from the early Journey and 5th generation Grand Caravan/Town and Country to the current "heavy duty" (read: mechanically adequate) brake system.  Enjoy the brakes that actually work correctly for your vehicle dimensions.

All I can find about brake discard specifications is for the rotors.

Brake Rotor

Rotor Thickness

Minimum Rotor Thickness

Rotor Runout *

Front

27.87-28.13 mm

26.4 mm

0.050 mm

1.097-1.107 in.

1.040 in

0.002 in.

Rear