Remote Start with "two honks"

Hey this might have something to do with personal settings in the info centre located on instrument cluster? maybe has something to do with honks on doors locking or unlocking just a thought cant check as Im at work. I have a few question about that remote too like does the vehicle need to be locked for the remote to work? also wheni do get it going through remote i unlock vehicle to get in get in put key in ignition and sometimes shuts down on me im like wtf??? anyone know what kinda range there getting with there remote? I will try to find answer for the honk thing when I get home for you if no one has gotten you a answer.

Later dudes

If you have the EVIC, go to Personal Settings (Customer Programmable

Features). Turn off the horn with lock, it will also turn off the horn with the remote start. If you don't have the EVIC:

For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the

following steps:

1. Press the LOCK button on a programmed transmitter

for at least four seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds.

Then, press the PANIC button while still holding the

LOCK button.

2. Release both buttons at the same time.

3. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by pressing

the LOCK button on the transmitter with the ignition

switch in the LOCK position and the key removed.

4. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to

its previous setting.

"I have a few question about that remote too like does the vehicle need to be locked for the remote to work?"

No. When you initialize the remote starter it will automatically lock the doors anyway.

"also wheni do get it going through remote i unlock vehicle to get in get in put key in ignition and sometimes shuts down on me im like wtf???"

You might be touching the brake pedal as your settling into your seat or your timing is spot on. The starter will only run the vehicle for 15 minutes at a time before shutting down.

"anyone know what kinda range there getting with there remote?"

The other day I got to test that coming out of my work. Its about 500ft to the car and she started on the first try of the remote especially considering the rear end was facing me. I think I saw somewhere it supposed to be upto 1000 feet.

The only thing I can add is that sometimes when I insert the key and turn it to the ON position, sometimes I turn it too far to the Start position and this will cause the engine to shut-off. I also do not know the distance in feet that the remote will work, but it is a long way.

Happy motoring...

Good job Sam, I can confirm that my remote start does not chirp the horn since I disabled that feature with the remote lock.

I can also confirm that my remote start does not chirp the horn since I disabled that feature with the remote lock.

Thanks Sam,

2009 RT

• 2 weeks later...