HID's - Group buy, and save money

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the part numbers for the Journey.

2009/2010 DODGE Journey

Low beam headlamp

High beam headlamp

Fog/Driving light

I will get a price for the next price level for each kit. I will also ask if they are plug and play, which I am sure they are :)

Please add H11 for Euro Low beam headlamp

Here ya go guys, just go to this link for all the info on purchasing! $60 a kit SHIPPED!! If you need more than 1 kit, you need to make a seperate transaction for each kit so you get the discount using the coupon code :) Order when you are ready, this is limited time so grab them fast!

No link provided.

What color are people recommending - I think 600K ????

Is the supplier sure the fog lights will be plug and play? There is a special connector on them?

Are we sure we will not get a warning light about a bulb out when using the lights?

Let me know if you guys get a set and take pics! I will be ordering mine next week and I will take pics!

i ordered low beam set ( 9006 ) .. i don't know about the high beam .. because they have the DRL on it so it will cause

some problems for sure. .. ill see

i ordered low beam set ( 9006 ) .. i don't know about the high beam .. because they have the DRL on it so it will cause

some problems for sure. .. ill see

I am curious about the light's response time.

For low beams, they are always on (as well as the fog lights).

For high beams, these require quick action. How quickly do the lights come up to full brightness?

this is the response from HIDExtra.com about my high beam DRL problem :

HID are not meant for DRL since it the wattage cannot be altered, some people use relay to keep the DRL working, but it is by each car,

you will just have to try it. We usually recommened disabling the DRL and just turning them on manually. Let me know what you decide.

Thanks~

Michelle

well now , HID conversion for my high beam is a big no no. In Canada it's illegal to modify / temper with the DRL system ... ill stick with the low beam HID kit only and put some brighter Xenon aftermarket bulbs for the high beam ....

HIDs take about 30 seconds to get to full intensity but they also do not like to be flashed on and off, so they are not good for high beams

putting them in your high beams will burn out the ignitor in the balast pretty quick, basically it has to take 12 volts and turn it into about 27,000 volts to ignite the xenon in the bulb, also called a burner cus technically the gas is burning but just not reacting with oxygen if anyone remembers their chemistry

you will also want to get a relay harness, that actually might take away the need for a stabilizer, this way the headlight connector only supplies a signal to a relay to pull power from the battery to get more power to the balasts and make them last longer

another issue is HIDs have a different beam pattern so you will no longer have that perfect flat line cuttoff unless you put some projectors in (BMW/Acura style)

just my 2 cents for the lowbeams I like a nice white/blue color so say 6000K or 8000K (K is Kelvin not thousand) those provide great visibility in normal driving conditions, and maybe 4000K for the fogs beacuse that will help you see better in rain and snow beacuse it is more of a yellow color

one other thing to watch out for when putting the HIDs in the fogs is when you turn your high beams with the fogs on the fogs will be turned offf because it is illegal to drive with more than 4 bulbs on at one time

I have done tons of HID kits so I will try to be around more to answer and questions you guys might have

HIDs take about 30 seconds to get to full intensity but they also do not like to be flashed on and off, so they are not good for high beams

putting them in your high beams will burn out the ignitor in the balast pretty quick, basically it has to take 12 volts and turn it into about 27,000 volts to ignite the xenon in the bulb, also called a burner cus technically the gas is burning but just not reacting with oxygen if anyone remembers their chemistry

you will also want to get a relay harness, that actually might take away the need for a stabilizer, this way the headlight connector only supplies a signal to a relay to pull power from the battery to get more power to the balasts and make them last longer

another issue is HIDs have a different beam pattern so you will no longer have that perfect flat line cuttoff unless you put some projectors in (BMW/Acura style)

just my 2 cents for the lowbeams I like a nice white/blue color so say 6000K or 8000K (K is Kelvin not thousand) those provide great visibility in normal driving conditions, and maybe 4000K for the fogs beacuse that will help you see better in rain and snow beacuse it is more of a yellow color

one other thing to watch out for when putting the HIDs in the fogs is when you turn your high beams with the fogs on the fogs will be turned offf because it is illegal to drive with more than 4 bulbs on at one time

I have done tons of HID kits so I will try to be around more to answer and questions you guys might have

thx for the inputs

i don't have fogs the lights so no problems for me .. and i think they are there for the look more than anything else... really.

the set i ordered is a low beam 6000K ..... 8000K are just too much blue .... 6000k is perfect and don't annoy other drivers as much as 8000k.

it's basically direct bolt on for me ... ill see if i really need a relay harness

thx for the inputs

i don't have fogs the lights so no problems for me .. and i think they are there for the look more than anything else... really.

the set i ordered is a low beam 6000K ..... 8000K are just too much blue .... 6000k is perfect and don't annoy other drivers as much as 8000k.

it's basically direct bolt on for me ... ill see if i really need a relay harness

Actually 8000K will annoy drivers less, the higher the Kelvin temp the more blue/purple the light output it, its reverse of what you would think

8000K is generally considered ice blue and 6000K is considered bright white

the look is great but the pattern of the HIDs is different than that of a halogen so your light might end up scattered all over the place, when I had 9006 drop in replacements for my Bonneville there was light hitting the roofs of 2 story houses driving through my developement, just something to look out for

When you put it in could you take some pictures of the light pattern, I had a 9007 hi/lo kit in the Caravan we traded in and haven't considered putting HIDs in the Journey because they have such a nice clean cuttoff line stock and decent light output but I really love the look of them

Actually 8000K will annoy drivers less, the higher the Kelvin temp the more blue/purple the light output it, its reverse of what you would think

8000K is generally considered ice blue and 6000K is considered bright white

your right , maybe it's just me ... but i find the 8000k more annoying..

count on me for the pics before/after.. but it might take a while ( not shipped yet )

You know I never looked at the 2 side by side, you would think 6000K would be more annoying, maybe just depends on the kit, I see that some look just fine in reflector housings but some are extremely bright, you never know

thanks I'm really looking forward sto seeing them

my kit is in the mail.

while installing my winter wiper blades , i checked the headlights. While it's super easy for the passenger side .... how can i swap the low beam bulb on the driver side ... my hand can't reach it ..even worst for the side marker bulb ! any trick for a easy reach ?

my kit is in the mail.

while installing my winter wiper blades , i checked the headlights. While it's super easy for the passenger side .... how can i swap the low beam bulb on the driver side ... my hand can't reach it ..even worst for the side marker bulb ! any trick for a easy reach ?

I haven't torn into the Journey yet but I like to just take out the entire housing when I put bulbs in that way I know they are in properly, maybe a bolt or 2, or maybe a center locking clip

I haven't torn into the Journey yet but I like to just take out the entire housing when I put bulbs in that way I know they are in properly, maybe a bolt or 2, or maybe a center locking clip

oh crap ... it's was my first idea when i looked at it . ... I hoped for another way ....

well.. since it will take a while to get my set. in the meantime i decided to build myself a relay harness... it's true , the headlights wires are too small for my taste and i don't want to toast anything...

Not that involved. All you have to do is move the main electrical/fuse assembly. 4 clamps (push them in as you pull up) and you can move it enough to reach the drivers side bulbs. don't have to do anything alse.