blacktop rim scuff :(

Bryman31

so i noticed today one of my blacktop rims has a scratch on it.  look's like a possible rock flung up and scratched it.  has anyone else had this happen?  if so how do you fix?  touch up black paint?  ive never had black rims before so im at a loss LOL  bummed out though, haven't even made my first payment yet.........

well at least someone didnt key it like they did one of my new vechiles the day i drove it off the lot yrs ago , i stopped at a discount store and parked away from where everyone else had parked so i guess i drew attention to my new van and thought i'll get that son of a ____ well i guess you know that word......feel your pain .....

You can chose the repair method of your choice....love these "anyone else had this happen?" posts....the answer is: probably. Just depends on how anal you are about the finish on your wheels as to how you feel about it, how you want to repair and how much money you are willing to spend.

LOL....Funny story (not for me really), my son purchased a 2016 Challenger R/T with the blacktop package. Beautiful black polished wheels....I decided to detail it for him one day, used a brush to clean the wheels, unbeknownst to me, it had a piece of metal stuck in it and scratched the hell out of his brand new wheels. To make a long story short, it cost me over $500 to have ALL the wheels sanded down and powder coated again since my son is super anal about things like this.

So, the choice is yours. No one can tell you how to spend your money....except maybe your wife. ;)

Edited by jkeaton

7 hours ago, jkeaton said:

You can chose the repair method of your choice....love these "anyone else had this happen?" posts....the answer is: probably. Just depends on how anal you are about the finish on your wheels as to how you feel about it, how you want to repair and how much money you are willing to spend.

LOL....Funny story (not for me really), my son purchased a 2016 Challenger R/T with the blacktop package. Beautiful black polished wheels....I decided to detail it for him one day, used a brush to clean the wheels, unbeknownst to me, it had a piece of metal stuck in it and scratched the hell out of his brand new wheels. To make a long story short, it cost me over $500 to have ALL the wheels sanded down and powder coated again since my son is super anal about things like this.

So, the choice is yours. No one can tell you how to spend your money....except maybe your wife. ;)

true story was working on daughters pos old jeep looking for the power steering leak and took off my glasses to see better and i find the leak it was a little hose and when i go to get up i step on my glasses  damaging one of the lens so i save her some money and cost myself about $200 to have the one lens replaced... man sometimes it just doesn't pay to be a nice father.....

• 3 weeks later...