Hello 

My question is my journey did not come with the drivers side visor with homelink capability(pg.78 owners manual). I was wondering if I were to purchase a oem Journey visor with homelink integrated would it work on mine? like plug n play or would there be some necessary splicing or dealer programming to have it work completely. Yes I have a garage door opener remote, but would be nice to just have it integrated. Some input would be nice. My 2015 Journey is 8.4 unconnect 3.6L SXT trim model just in case it matters. Thanks in advance for some input. 

Homelink modules tend to be stand-alone, so it SHOULD be as simple as replacing the sun visor, though I have no idea whether the wiring harness has the connector to plug it in there - certainly there is power to run the makeup light, but is it the SAME power feed?  Does it have the same connector?

Worst case?  You resell it. 

Thanks for the info bramfrank I'll definitely look into it and report back in my findings. And what you said makes sense I do know that the Homelink uses direct power from the cars battery so only issue would be making sure the wires or plugs are the same or spliced. 

On 8/12/2017 at 4:03 PM, Justinmh said:

Another thing to confirm is that the power source is switched. I have the home link on my sunvisor which does not get power with the vehicle off and the antitheft armed

My homelink works without turning on the car.  It's always powered.

H.P.