2015 V6 FWD Acceleration Noise

Medabum

I still love this car and all it has to offer, yet I've posted just as many complaints. Most of my issues have been resolved on this forum yet im looking for advice on something that has been posted before but is not a hot topic here.

There have been posts in the past about noise coming from the front (in my experience left) side when accelerating. If I merge or even taking off from a red light the car sounds like "loose bolts tinkering" or something rattling around. This only happens when in gear. It stops or quiets down around 3k rpm. Many of the posts here don't have any follow up or have been closed......

If the car is in neutral or park and I hit the gas there is no noise besides the engine itself. Have anyone else had this? Or have you had this problem resolved? Seems like a transmission issue yet the old posts suggest engine mount torque. 

My v6  FWD CR has 17000 miles on it.

Thanks

No codes, No problems starting, car feels fine. Rattles only happen when car is in gear under stronger acceleration and is only audible. This has been ongoing for about two months now and I switched to 93 non ethanol for the past few tanks. (empty to full) I did do BG additives fuel and oil during all of my first few oil changes and have since stopped. I can have the car in Park and run the engine up and down without replicating the noise.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Went for my scheduled oil change and tire rotation that I purchased with the vehicle and presented the concern when scheduling the appointment. This is the Dealer I purchased the car from and the one Id like to service with however it is not local but worth the trip.

The "Metallic clicking" noise upon acceleration wasn't found by the tech as the car had cooled over the hour the vehicle was there during the oil change and tire rotation.

Luckily the service tech and service writer asked me to take them for a ride and when I got the car up to temp the noise came back every time upon acceleration at red lights and moving up on traffic... Im scheduled to bring it in with a rental car waiting until they isolate it. Again, the noise i hear on the v6 is not present until the vehicle is up to hot temperature  and almost sounds like its low on oil,"tapping" noise just isn't  as loud. Seems to be coming from the front left (driver side) compartment. 

Cant express enough how important it is to find a willing and good dealer. I no longer will deal with the most convenient and local dealer as their ownership and service department seems to be in shambles. 

Zappone in upstate NY seems to have the resources and willingness to care for those who do any business with them. No hassles just professional... 

Ill keep you posted and if anyone has any experience with this issue it would be much appreciated. 

• 2 months later...

Having a similar issue with my 2009 V6 FWD. Noise coming from right side engine compartment only when in gear. Had my mechanic drive it and he agreed it sounded like transmission issue. Brought it to dealer and they said it's a "completely destroyed" engine mount and gave me an estimate of almost $900. I had the car towed back to my mechanic ($900 for an engine mount? Really?) Mechanic says he has no idea what the dealer is talking about; there is a crack in one of the engine mounts but there's no way it causing all that noise.

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 5:57 PM, 2late4u said:

if it was me and you are planning on keeping it for a long time i would probably replace all the mounts eng and trans.cheaper to do all at once then at different times....

Thanks 2late4u. My mechanic replaced a lower motor mount and I drove the car. It seemed about 80% better, but after an hour of driving the noise came back. I checked the operation of the motor mounts myself and found the rubber in the upper right (pass side) was indeed destroyed. I brought it back to my mechanic and he replaced it for ~$132. Car is running fine now. I may go ahead and get the others replaced.

7 hours ago, JTroy said:

Thanks 2late4u. My mechanic replaced a lower motor mount and I drove the car. It seemed about 80% better, but after an hour of driving the noise came back. I checked the operation of the motor mounts myself and found the rubber in the upper right (pass side) was indeed destroyed. I brought it back to my mechanic and he replaced it for ~$132. Car is running fine now. I may go ahead and get the others replaced.

just do them all, and be done with it after all the car is going on 9yrs old........

• 5 years later...