Window tint

Today I'm getting the driver/passenger side windows tinted to match the rear windows.  I'm curious to what level of percentage you think that is.  I want it to match the rear/side windows and I'm guessing 30%.  I'll most likely leave it to the professionals to match it but just curious what others have done.  I'll post photos tonight once completed.  If you guys have any photo's you'd like to share, post them up. :camera:

• 2 months later...

Those were my exact thoughts last holiday season. Thought I'd surprise the wife with a new mod to her wheels. I called the tint shop I passed everyday to & fro work , got everything arranged for Sat. morning, before X-mas. I'm only assuming my dumbass wasn't even paying attention when the shop owner informed me that the factory tint was slightly darker then legal limits. Got her squared away & back home before the wife had even known about my venture. Hell she didn't even notice a thing until 4:30 PM that day when the teen said "Mom, Why is there a sticker on the door , saying Do Not Operate Windows For 24 Hours". They were both already buckled in with the car started. She looked at me, threw the tinted window, asked "Whats this?" Took everything I had not to laugh at them both. "Whats what, babe?" About 2 seconds later, I think it clicked. Hahaha. Marry F'n Christmas! I made you car illegal! Butt she loves it none the less.

They said the factory tint was 18.5%. They installed 20% up front & across the windshield. I still haven't fingered out to post pictures on here yet. I guess now I've got a reason to at least try.  

tint2.jpg

tint3.jpg

tint.jpg

Edited by OlDirty

• 5 months later...