Can Iock the dodge with the Metal key

Hi All,

Couldn't fit my whole question in the title

"Can I lock my 2014 Dodge Journey with the metal key, whilst the FOB is still in the car??"

Reason for the request, I have a boat with a trailer, I would like to only carry the metal key with me in the boat and not have the FOB any were near water (better safe than sorry) .

Yes I have read the manual, but I can only lock the drivers door with the metal key (all of the rest remain unlocked) .If I lock the car from the drivers inside door,once I close the door all the locks "unlock" and the car beeps 3 times.

Maybe Dodge is just playing it ultra safe so FOB is not left in car (I can understand this as if someone breaks a window they can then start the car.

Any suggestion would be apprecaited

Thanks

Gary

Leave the FOB hidden in the car.  Use the black lock button on the outside door handle to lock all the doors.  It will take 3 times for the DJ to "agree".  On the third attempt, the DJ will lock and the alarm will arm.  When you come back, you can unlock with the metal key.  The alarm will sound until you press unlock on the FOB.  I do this when I go surfing.  Baggie won't suffice for that.  I had a completely metal key made at ACE hardware.  Works fine.  If you're really nervous about theft, use a steering wheel club.  I don't worry.  Our DJs are nice, but they ain't no Hellcat that someone would work especially hard to steal.

Peace.