2015 Dodge Journey Automatic Lights

I just purchased a 2015 Dodge Journey SXT and it does not have the Automatic head lights... I contacted the dealer and they said that it is not an option to add on to the car.... Does anyone have any info on this or maybe aftermarket parts to make my head lights automatic sensored turn on and off?

Edited by Denielle

First of all, the option packages differ between the Canadian and US markets . . . . just to settle that point.

As Kent said, you need to replace the light switch and the ambient sensor (that thing in the middle of the dash . . . you *might* need to add a wire too. And once that's done the dealer needs to add the relevant sales code to the vehicle.

You can find the part numbers and such by searching the forum.

Welcome aboard.

I guess my confusion is coming from the fact the dealership said nothing would work to change it... So is this "code" something that will work on any dodge model?

Sometimes dealers just don't want to "deal" with it. Sad, I know. The sales code is added for the specific vehicle.

The auto lights Sales Code has been removed from the list. Even if you purchase the sensor and switch, the Dealer can not activate them until if and when the Sales Code is added again. Also, if you do not have Auto HVAC, your sensor is a "dummy" just filling up the hole in the dash. Therefore, there is no harness there. Since I have the dual HVAC, I just plugged in the correct sensor for Auto lights into my existing harness, and switched out my light switch. Now I'm just waiting for FCA to re-add the Sales Code so I can have them activated.

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, jkeaton said:

You need more than a sales code to have automatic headlights. There is hardware involved. It is a factory installed option. Not something you just “enable”. And, if you read the thread above, the code has been removed. 

Yeah, I know that I have been reading the threads. I was just wondering if it has been added back since then...