End of warranty inspection?

bramfrank

My Crossroad will be 3 years old next week.  I DO have the zero deductible FCA bumper to bumper extended warranty which takes me out to 7 years.

My dealer is encouraging me to send in the vehicle for a full inspection because "they don't cover it the same after 36 months".

I called FCA Canada who told me that while they don;t cover wear issues or issues related to trim and such, the vehicle is otherwise fully covered and that there *ought* to be no real need for an inspection . . . . . then the agent told me that she DID have her car inspected, even though she also has a factory extended warranty.

So my question to the collective is:

Shoud I spend the money and time to have my DJ inspected? 

I have the 7-160000 gold warranty and never had the "inspection" however I did have it checked when they did the recall recently because I'm almost at the 160 mark.

They said it was good then my bluetooth failed LOL but they couldnt have known that and it was covered anyway.

Hope that helps

5 hours ago, 2late4u said:

what does your paperwork say, i looked mine over and i didnt see no inspection check required. i live in the us and have the lifetime warranty..

There is no requirement for an inspection, and the paperwork doesn't imply any lesser coverage - this is the dealer 'strongly recommending' the service ostensibly because 'they don't cover things as well' after the basic bumper to bumper warranty expires.

They went so far as to say that 'software updates aren't covered', which struck me as odd and was one of the reasons I phoned . . . . but FCA explained that the only software update that wouldn't be covered would be for the uConnect because it is user applicable - and, in any case is something I would do for myself if I was so inclined (I've left mine at CTP13 to make map updating simpler in any case).

So I am inclined to skip their inspection, but was asking to see whether anyone knew of an overriding reason why it should be done because money is a terrible thing to waste.

I just had mine in for the warranty recall and another item and I had them do what they call a "peace of mind" inspection. I did this because mine is about 6 months away from the end of the 3 year bumper to bumper and wanted to know if there was anything that needed repair under the warranty. They found a few things, which they repaired. 

And, speaking of generating more money, they are still pushing the "brake service" where they remove the calipers, clean and lube the slides and then put everything back together... I've always found this amusing.