Fuel filter location

Peter77

Hi all I drive a Dodge Journey 2ltr diesel 2010 model right hand drive (uk model) . Im treating the car to a mini service filters and oil , I'm having trouble locating the  fuel filter tried various google searches but no joy so I'm turning to you lovely lot to point me in the right location. Cheers guys

It should be immediately in front of the brake booster.

Disconnect the negative battery cable and remove the air cleaner housing (you'll need the space).

There are 4 fuel hoses that need to be removed (label everything, take photos, do whatever you have to do to put them back the exact same way).

Remove the retaining screw, remove the filter.

Installation is reverse of removal. No torque values for the screw are listed, so good-and-tight is good enough.

I don't have any good information on the depressurization of the fuel system, and the manual I'm reading from doesn't list any specific warnings while changing the diesel 2.0L fuel filter.  I'm not familiar at all with diesel engines and latent pressure in fuel lines (gasoline engine fuel lines will remain pressurized even when the vehicle is off, but that's a function of electrical ignition of fuel versus diesel's compression ignition).  It may be that shutting off a diesel vehicle shuts off the pump and the engine will continue to burn fuel until there isn't any left - I don't know, I'm not an engineer.  If you have any further questions along that line, talk to a mechanic or your local dealership.