Interior headliner

diggit

Hi. Just picked up my 2010 silver steel FWD SXT. Love it. I have the 3rd row seating with 2nd row climate controls. No sunroof or flipdown LCD. I was wondering if anyone has noticed the headliner giving (bending up) when you go adjust the heat/blower in the second row? I'm thinking that its possibly missing a foam spacer or something. All the models at the dealership had either a sunroof and/or LCD which had pretty good reinforcing, so I had nothing to compare to.

Thanks and this forum is awesome. Great source of info!

I saw mine in the shop with the headliner out and it did not appear to have any extra padding. I believe there was some give to the headliner, but not sure on it. Mine is in the shop right now. Or else I would go check mine again. Options for mine is sunroof, DVD and rear HVAC that would affect the headliner. Could be they forgot to put in a fastener. When I had my first headliner replaced they messed up the the fastener and did not fully seat the headliner in. Which caused a lot more movement and it would squeak too. So if you don't have the squeak, I would guess it is missing a fastener.

Gonna see the dealer tonight and check on some other models on the lot. Got a foam spacer block for it ready just in case its "supposed " to be like that. Should be an easy enough install through the hvac control area. Thanks though.

There is plenty of space in there.....for the dvd and hvac hoses.....the dvd got a bracket the holds it in place....also I can confirm that they did not run wires for a dvd flip down in cars that did not come with it....I have sunroof and pulled at the roof to look inside and my 2nd row a/c controls only had a single wire as the dvd/a-c control has two for all the functions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally, I was able to check 2 other journeys with the same package as mine. Unfortunately I guess engineering didn't see a need to put a spacer in there. So I put one in anyway. Now it doesn't flex when using the rear HVAC controls.

Where did you get the spacer and how did you install it? I noticed that on mine today when I was fooling around with the controls.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had a foam block from a shipped package. Sorta on the spongey side. Should take vibrations and bumps without the noise of the rigid stuff. I cut it to size about 2"x3"x4" (WxHxL) approx. and wedged it through the second row map light. It comes off easy. Just unclip and then flip it out. Oh ya, also used double sided tape (heavier duty type) on both sides.