2.4L Broke Again

Lawdog1911

I don't know if you remember, but last year at 98K miles my engine started knocking, and it got "replaced" under the 100K mile warranty.  I don't know if it actually got replaced, or just fixed enough to get by.  Needless to say, 30K miles later and the engine blew up again.  No warning or lights came on, it just gave out in a huge rattling on the freeway until it turned off.  Dealership said its not covered, cause replacement engine is only covered up to the 100K miles.  Now I am stuck with  car note to a car I cant drive.  I might just let it go back on repo.  It Sux, engine should last longer than 30K miles.  Oil was clean when it broke, but the next day it was milky.  Don't know what to do.

As to whether they replaced the engine or not, that should be documented in the work order from the repair.

I would contact Chrysler directly - I can't believe that they covered the supposed replacement engine or repair (whichever they did) for only 2K miles.  But the 2.4 is a workhorse and should last a heck of a lot longer, unless it's been abused.