2014 Jouney 225/55/r19 need to switch to something better?!?

Whitney

I have a 2014 Dodge Jouney with 225/55/r19 tires. They are bald and I need new tires. I live on gravel and WANT better than a 4ply tire. Every tire store has told me they don't make anything better than a 4ply in this size! I'm so frustrated. I live in Montana and need a good winter  tire and something better than 4ply. 

What are my options for switching  tire sizes?? 

I've read something about switching to 235/55/r19... Do those come in a 6ply or higher and if so can I fit that on my vehicle properly with no problems?

Ive read about switching to a 17" tire. I know those come in 10ply but will they fit properly? What size 17" tire can I use if so??

please help!

If you go to a 17" tire your options really open up - especially on LT series tires rather than P rated tires.  225/65/R17 or 235/65/R17 are really good options.  I am not sure what you can get in a 6--ply or better in that size range though.  You might want to contact a local tire shop to do some research for you ...

The bigger brands will have more options available for a given tire line than a smaller brand.  I would start there on each manufacturer web site to find a tire line that meets your needs that supports smaller sizes... then go to a tire shop for pricing / availability?

i am using the 235 55 19 cooper c5 on my 2014 so far i really like them i got a great deal thur discount tires online if you order thur them its best to wait for a holiday they always run extra discounts then. i didnt get the warranty and just them down to walmart had them mounted and balance lifetime for 14 a tire.ordered thwm on a fri nite delivered on tue morning also checked the age of the tires and they had just been made less then a month of getting them.