Shaking at idle

Hi everyone

So the journey has started shacking and bouncing at stop signs and lights really at low speeds and idle.

Sometimes its gets so bad that i theeth shatter together. When its gets that bad the check engine comes on and flashes but after its done flashing the check engine is off (has happend 3 times in the last 3 weeks). I scaned it at a friends and there is no code

So i brought it to a dealer and they have told me that i dont have any check engine and no codes that tell will have to charge me for everything if its not coverd by the power train warrenty

Has anyone else had this kinda problem

Any help would helps tons

Thanks in advance

2011 Dodge Journey Crew 3.6 82000km

Yes the rpm's do drop win it starts shacking a lot

I have not used the A/C at all yet (tried it once to make sure it works)

After reading on the net on on this forum, it seems to be ether left head cyclinder or something to do with the cam phaser

The garage wont do anything tell i get a check engine and i know theres a problem

I dont know what to do from there

I know they need to do a comprision test for the head but is it the same test for the cam phaser? If so i would pay to get the test done so i know they will find something. i dont want to pay for the test and it has nothing to do with the problem

Im also sorry for the bad English (french guy from Montréal :thumbsup:

Edited by JoeyJourney

Can a normal OBD2 read this code. Last time i checked with a friend and we had not found any code stored after my check engine flashed and went away after the flashing stop

And at the dealer they said they did not find anything and that it takes 3 misfres to get the checke engine to come on

Thanks for tje TSB Journey_SeXT ill use this to trough in there faces

Edited by JoeyJourney

JoeyJourney, on 13 Jun 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Can a normal OBD2 read this code. Last time i checked with a friend and we had not found any code stored after my check engine flashed and went away after the flashing stop

And at the dealer they said they did not find anything and that it takes 3 misfres to get the checke engine to come on

Thanks for tje TSB Journey_SeXT ill use this to trough in there faces

Yes, a normal OBD2 code reader can read OBD2 codes.