Exhaust warranty

I think that if you lower the back pressure the warranty people could turn this against you if you develop issues with the engine. I removed my resonator and am hoping for the best.

I would leave it alone. I Used to put lower ristrction mufflers on, remove resonators etc on cars I owned in the past. Its always a comprimise and will probably leave you with negative side effects. Several of you flamed me on putting irridium spark plugs in, those same engineers tuned the engine to operate with the back pressure and flow from the factory set up.

My 2 cents,

Hank

• 1 month later...

had this discussion with the dealer when I swapped exhausts on my Avenger....they cannot void your warranty unless it proven 100% the aftermarket part is directly related to the failure of the part. Now the exhaust will no longer be covered under the terms of your warranty so if anything happens to it...thats on your dime....there is a law that explains it better.....ill see if I can find it

I believe that if you are altering the performance of your exhaust system with an aftermarket then yes it probably will void your exhaust warranty but not everything else that is warrantied in the car unless the dealer can prove that damage is due to the exhaust modification. You may want to check with the dealer what your options are.

Edited by Journey_SeXT