20x8.5 40mm offset rim fit on a 2015 r/t?

DJDiggler

Please help someone! I found a nice set of rims I like that are 20x8.5 with a 40mm offset... The rim will be 19mm wider on each side than the stock 19" rims (which I believe are the same 40mm offset) . I plan on getting stock equivalent height 245/45R20 tires.

Looking at the clearance on the front wheels this dosent seem to be an issue but Im hoping someone has tried this size before and can give me some advice before ordering. Do I have to get a lower offset?

Thanks for any help!

Yes I did read that post, (thanks for the info), but I know my stock size. The rims Im looking at are the same spec except are 20x8.5 40mm as opposed to 19x7 40mm. 3/4" wider each side.

I have found 20x8.5 38mm that are "guaranteed to fit" according to the company website... Will 2mm in offset really make a difference?

You may have an issue with the lower spring bracket on the front struts. I have P255/50R19s mounted on my 19" Crossroad wheels, which have a slightly deeper dish, pushing the tires out slightly. I can not get my index finger nail between the tire and the spring bracket. So, yes, I would conclude that 3/4" would not work. These tires are 1.18" wider than stock, so roughly 1/2 inch on either side. Any tire you mount could not stick out farther than the wheel, which in itself, may rub.