Shifting between the gears

LKMS

Hey

I got a 09 Journey (2.4l 4cyl). The past few weeks I've been shifting between PRND and the shifter stick is sometimes rough to move. Sometimes its a little easier but overall its just rough to shift between gears. I've checked my transmission fluid and its good. Driving the car there is no problem, its just shifting between the gears. Done some googling but couldn't find anything. Anyone know anything about it? Will be checking it out with my mechanic soon but would want to see a general idea. I'm also hearing a buzzing noise when shifting to R and D which lasts for a second and goes away as well.

Edited by LKMS

Never noticed that in my 09 in the 80,000 miles we owned it.

My friend has one with over 300K km on it and I tried shifting between his Journey's gear and its normal. I find it odd... My transmission fluid looks good, doesnt smell burnt checked it when it was cold and hot to make sure. It drives good engages gears at the right rpm. Not sure whats with this.

Check the linkage. On my Sebring the linkage right next to the transmission lost all its lube from years of driving in the rain on the highway and occasionally needed some lube to keep it moving smoothly.

Alright thanks I'll take a look