Windows 10/Uconnect Updates

Does anyone know if the Uconnect updates are incompatible with Window 10? I never had an issue with Windows 7. There is an update for my radio, but I get a warning, in Bold Red Type, in both Edge (New name for IE) and Chrome that the Akamai Netsession Interface Installer is not compatible with my browser. I tried the Direct Download Link, insert my stick, and the Update Window did not show. I changed the Source to USB and the Radio gave me the message: No usable files. I called Uconnect, and as usual, they did not have an answer. I was told, that since I am still under Warranty, to bring it in to my Dealer and they could do the update for me. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

I called Service at my Dealer, and they will plug something into the OBDII port, and it will list any updates available for my DJ. Thanks for reading.

You can open same installer in internet explorer, it built in Windows 10 as well. On your EDGE click on top right corner(tree dots) a new menu will pop up, then you should see on that menu "Internet Explorer", it actual IE, not EDGE, then in IE you can open any page in "Compatibility Mode"; under settings.Hope this help

You can open same installer in internet explorer, it built in Windows 10 as well. On your EDGE click on top right corner(tree dots) a new menu will pop up, then you should see on that menu "Internet Explorer", it actual IE, not EDGE, then in IE you can open any page in "Compatibility Mode"; under settings.Hope this help

I did not know that. Best Buy gave me little or no help on how this Dell works! Open with IE is grayed out. Windows 10 gives updates at least every other week. I guess that Microsoft is still working on it. I should have bought an iMac! :doh:

Just click the link for the direct download instead of trying to use the Akamai crap.

I did try that, and the Radio gave me the message: no usable files. I'm going to the Dealer tomorrow, but I'll try it again. Maybe it will work if I open IE first. No luck. Open with IE is grayed out. :cry:

Edited by dhh3

The file downloaded with the direct link is a ZIP file. You need to unzip it on a thumbdrive. If you just copy the ZIP file, it won't work.

Understood. I did this. Followed the instructions. I even watched the tutorial 3x to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Taking it to the Dealer will check for any and all updates, including Uconnect. Was hoping not to go this route, but, oh well: the die is cast, so to speak! LOL

Before I posted my comment about the tutorial I went through it - if you step through it past the 'use the Akamai' section they do tell you to execute the download and to navigate to your USB key for the destination . . . . . perhaps I 'got it' because I already knew how I worked, having updated my hardware in the past.

However I presume that you've now got it all sorted out and that your radio and your navigator are running the latest versions now. If not, note that you need to update the radio first and the navigator second - there's a note somewhere about the fact that if you do the navigator before updating the radio things can go 'wrong'.

Update installed. Does anyone know how to display the software version on the screen? The tech told me that there might be several ways to do this, as each installation is different: such as pushing both manual Heat Up Hard Keys and Rear Def Hard Key at the same time. He tried a few combinations, but nothing worked. I looked for a menu last night, but was unable to find it, as was He today.

Not on any of mine (I have the original RE2 and two RB5 radios and they all work the same) press and hold the two left side temp change buttons and the front defrost - all three at the same time - for about 5 seconds and voila . . . dealer screen. That works with both RE2 and RB5 radios.

Edited by bramfrank