Liftgate adjustment

journey1987

Hey everyone, I bought my wife a 2015 journey SE with the 4cyl. On December 31 2015. Pretty satisfied so far. Biggest problem was that when you open the liftgate, the left side hinge bolt rubs on the liftgate door jam?

It makes a horrible screeching sound and it has a small dent in the jam (on the body) from the bolt hitting when you close it. Of course the paint has chipped or rubbed off and now it has some surface rust. It didn't do it when we first looked at the vehicle because I guess it wasn't worn enough yet to make any noise. Anyway, the vehicle is at the dealer now and I'm sure they'll have to do some painting and adjusting on it which I'm not too happy about but that's the only fix for it. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if it's just a 1 time issue that they've ever had on the journey.

post-12726-0-54794500-1453563127_thumb.j

Lol yea they actually called about an hour ago and said it was ready. I haven't seen it yet because my wife went to pick it up but they say they readjusted the liftgate and painted the spot. I don't think they noticed it during the pre inspection but it wasn't doing it at first I guess because the paint wasn't rubbed or chipped off yet but of course it started doing it the moment we got home. Typical

Mine is rubbing on something when I open it and I haven't been able to see what. It "appears" to be right at the very top. It's going in on Wednesday for the recall on the ABS harness and they are going to look at this as well.