5 Passenger, or 7 Passenger?

WalterWhiteJourney

Hello all!

I did a search for this topic, and I found nothing related to this question. If I missed a previous post on this, please forgive me.

I am having a 'discussion' with someone regarding the number of passengers a DJ can hold. Of course, I am on the '7 passengers, dammit' side, while this other person is stating a DJ is a '5 passenger' vehicle.

Granted, with the 3rd row in use, there isn't much space for luggage, but still, if you are carrying 7 passengers, with no requirement for luggage, wouldn't the DJ still qualify as a 7 passenger vehicle?

I am 6'1" tall, and weigh 220. I adjusted the middle row, and front seats to accommodate me in the 3rd row. I felt comfortable in all 3 rows, once the seats had been adjusted. I had no issues with the adjusted drivers position either.

It's not like there is only enough room for small grownups in the back.

Someone needs to do their research, and it ain't me.

• 2 months later...

Not the least of which is that the manufacturer is listed as Ford... :cool: (I kid, of course.)

As for 5 versus 7 - it depends on installed options. Some are 5, some are 7.

As for a vehicle with a larger 3rd row in the price range as the Journey, look no further than it's brother, the Grand Caravan. A new Grand Caravan SE (AVP doesn't have stow-n-go seating, so no one should ever buy it) can be had for about $20k, give or take a thousand or two. A Journey SE is around the same price point, but you get more out of a Journey SE than you do out of a Grand Caravan SE (aside from sheer cavernous interior volume).

Oh, you wanted a CUV/SUV with a larger 3rd row than the Journey for the same price? Such a beast does not exist. Sorry, be ready to shell out an additional $10k to get another brand of vehicle with similar trim level and larger interior dimensions.