Bluetooth on standard stereo

I have a Journey SXT with the standard stereo, It clearly has 2 buttons for telephone usage, pressing them flashes up a "uconnect not fitted", and I'm quite sure I read somewhere on the web about there being a uconnect upgrade/module that can be fitted to have bluetooth phone connectivity.

I asked my Aussie Dodge dealer, only to be told I need to spend $4500 and get a mygig setup to have integrated bluetooth or they can fit a tacky looking aftermarket parrot system.

Is there a "uconnect" module that can be fitted and still keep my "normal" stereo ? a pic pinched off the web of the head unit in question.

radio.jpg

Thanks

Eddie

Sorry, but your dealer is stupid! What you need is that: http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/822...25&pc=43927

It has the uconnect module to make your two buttons work and a microphone. Look at the PDF on the web site and go to page 19, it gives a good idea of what it looks like and it also tells how to install it.

Thanks Sam, and I agree about the dealer. although, having just looked at the PDF, perhaps the wiring won't work with a RHD vehicle.

I agree with Sam, I think this solution should work for you. My buddy bought an SXT with an REQ radio and added the U-Connect option. The only difference between his dealer installed option and my factory installation is the fact that my microphone is located in the rear-view mirror, and his is mounted seperately to the "A" pillar.

I don't think the fact that your vehicle is a right hand model should make a difference, the installation would just be a mirror image of the installation instructions.

Happy motoring!

I agree it shouldn't be too hard, but perhaps the wiring loom for the microphone (for example) wouldn't be long enough when run to the RH A pillar instead of the LH pillar, let's face it, regardless of what country we're in, Dealership mechanics/service techs whatever they like to be called don't like to do anything out of the ordinary. The prime example was on my old Nissan, it broke an intercooler mounting tab, the dealer wanted $1200 to replace the intercooler, when I suggested they take it off and give it to the aluminum fabricator next door to their workshop, they were stunned (It ended up being a $35 repair).

I'm going to present the part number to the dealer and inquire as to why they didn't suggest it as an option, an unsatisfactory answer means I'll forever take my vehicle elsewhere for servicing.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a Journey SXT with the standard stereo, It clearly has 2 buttons for telephone usage, pressing them flashes up a "uconnect not fitted", and I'm quite sure I read somewhere on the web about there being a uconnect upgrade/module that can be fitted to have bluetooth phone connectivity.

I asked my Aussie Dodge dealer, only to be told I need to spend $4500 and get a mygig setup to have integrated bluetooth or they can fit a tacky looking aftermarket parrot system.

Is there a "uconnect" module that can be fitted and still keep my "normal" stereo ? a pic pinched off the web of the head unit in question.

radio.jpg

Thanks

Eddie

Hi

Well i went to my UK dealing armed with the information and they shook their heads a little and said my radio was RTE?? They said they would look into it and estimated if the part was ok then it would take 2 hours to fit at £80 per hour plus vat($120 per hour plus tax) I have only put a deposit down on the car and havent yet signed anything. Any viewing on if 2 hours is reasonable seeing as i am buying a brand new car off them too!

Thanks

Saz

• 7 months later...

Sorry, but your dealer is stupid! What you need is that: http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/822...25&pc=43927

It has the uconnect module to make your two buttons work and a microphone. Look at the PDF on the web site and go to page 19, it gives a good idea of what it looks like and it also tells how to install it.

Will it work with RET radio?