Rack and pinion

Had to redo my front brakes (warped rotors). Noticed excessive side to side movement of left front tire with car on the lift. Took car into dealership.

Replaced rack and pinion unit at 20,000 miles. Go to pick car up, check engine light was on and now there is a loud ticking coming from engine.

Needless to say I was furious. And they wonder why people buy imports...

• 8 months later...

Had to redo my front brakes (warped rotors). Noticed excessive side to side movement of left front tire with car on the lift. Took car into dealership.

Replaced rack and pinion unit at 20,000 miles. Go to pick car up, check engine light was on and now there is a loud ticking coming from engine.

Needless to say I was furious. And they wonder why people buy imports...

Any resolution for the ticking from the engine? ours is an 09 bought in 08. in the last few months on cold starts it does tick loudly and never did before. So if they found a solution I would like to hear oit of you can post it here.

Thanks

Any resolution for the ticking from the engine? ours is an 09 bought in 08. in the last few months on cold starts it does tick loudly and never did before. So if they found a solution I would like to hear oit of you can post it here.

Thanks

I also had the ticking BAD ......... I was diagnosed to a issue with the intake and the intake runner valves, It was really bad on cold starts, it would get somewhat better as it warmed up but you would hear the ticking noise as you accelerated and decelerated. The issue was 100% gone, but now seems to be coming back again, with a slight tick only cause I listen for it now, otherwise I wouldnt notice it.

I only have 3000km on it since the intake was done.

I also have a shake in the steering wheel, it was diagnosed to be seperated tires (SXT model with 17" kuhmo CRAP tires). Kuhmo replaced the tires free of charge, the delaership tried charging me to change them.. I refused.

The tire shake/steering wheel vibration had gone away also but is coming back again.

I also feel some rack play when turning the steering wheel. I am taking it to get the tires balanced again this sat and will look at that with the shop foreman when they are doing the tires. I think some sticky weights have come off the rims.

I am complaining about it again, but getting no where, I will be calling chrysler to complain if DIFFERENT TIRES are not installed FREE of CHARGE soon.

I love the car, but HATE the shake and the enjne tick.

I

I posted elsewhere a few months ago about a replacement of the steering rack in my 09 DJ. At 30,000kms the tie rod ends were worn which caused excessive and unacceptable play. So much so it failed mandatory regulated vehicle inspection. There were no suppliers yet for the tie rod ends so the dealer replaced the entire steering rack under warranty. No issues since. They also suggested I get a FE Alignment..I said what a good idea...go ahead but I am not paying for it. Free it was. Can't comment on the ticking as no issues there.

I posted elsewhere a few months ago about a replacement of the steering rack in my 09 DJ. At 30,000kms the tie rod ends were worn which caused excessive and unacceptable play. So much so it failed mandatory regulated vehicle inspection. There were no suppliers yet for the tie rod ends so the dealer replaced the entire steering rack under warranty. No issues since. They also suggested I get a FE Alignment..I said what a good idea...go ahead but I am not paying for it. Free it was. Can't comment on the ticking as no issues there.

I am making a file to print out re the various solutions and dates re ticking and vibration on the car since our service manager has dismissed any information I bring to his attention saying "it is all hearsay and third party" and can't be trusted. If there were not so many with the same issues over various models I might agree but the compliation of fixes here cannot be ignored.

So if any Chrysler Tech manager or support staff are reading these reports and comments.. it is about time you get on the ball and tell your dealer service managers to start listening to us and reading these forums!!. Or we all will turn in our cars and leave your customers wondering why you have so many of the "no 1 selling crossover" sitting on your lots for resale and go and buy some other manufacturers products.