'Barn find' 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona

priell3

'Barn find' 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona doesn't run, but is worth a ton

This “barn find” was actually discovered under a shed, but that doesn’t make it any less of a diamond in the rough.

A rusty, but very original 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona that has seen much better days may be seeing them again soon, as it’s set to cross the block at the upcoming Mecum Auctions event Kissimmee, Fla., in January.

daytona-barn-876.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/12/14/barn-find-16-dodge-daytona-charger-doesnt-run-but-is-worth-ton/?intcmp=hpff

I'd like to find something like that!

• 1 month later...

Excellent find! I've got a similar story:

When my wife's great Aunt died in West Virginia no one in the family wanted to clean out her estate (house and barn) so since we were already engaged and needed furniture we decided to help out and as payment get most of what no one wanted.

In the process we found an original WWII Jeep rusted stiff under her old wooden barn sort of in a basement garage. They sold it for scrap because it was in such bad shape but not before I pried off the Jeep info plate. What a treasure.

Saw this on my other forum about a month ago. Photoshopped definitely. Worth about what someone would pay for it. FYI, I paid $300 for my first car. It was a 1969 Charger SE. 383. Leather interior, power everything. I wish I would have kept it. Barn find. Dude had it in his backyard shed since he bought it. Had the original window sticker and everything. Total rust bucket. But I was a huge dukes of hazard fan and just had to have it. Sold it for $350. Only car I ever made a profit on.

Edited by jkeaton