P0869 code

patelajit

I have a 2011 Dodge Journey (2WD, Mainstreet, 6 Cyl). 2 days ago, I was driving normal and suddenly Check Engine light came on. I had it checked at O'Reiley. I have a P0869 error code (Transmission Fluid Pressure High). I checked Google and it seems this could be a common code. The car runs fine.. Any ideas?

Obviously something to do with the transmission. Could be a sensor, could be something else. I would have it checked by a dealer or a reputable transmission shop. Probably sooner than later. Your car is telling you something is wrong. Continuing to drive could lead to transmission failure.

Edited by jkeaton

You've got a 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. So long as the issue is not outside of the transmission housing, it should be covered (and that should also include diagnostic work once identifying that there is something malfunctioning). The only way you should agree to pay a diagnostic charge (and $200 is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too high) is if they plug in their computer, find no fault codes, and a full inspection that actually utilizes a technician's time reveals no faults either. Even if they have to tear out the entire transmission, you should be covered under the terms of the powertrain warranty (if it's still in effect for your vehicle).