Lo and Hi beam replacement bulbs for 2014 CVP

Hi guys......

I can't seem to find the previous thread where advice was given as to why not to purchase Sylvania silverster, and instead go for a Mopar HI R something?

Reason that was given is that the Sylvania version is no better than the factory lights on the 2014 CVP??? I want the cheapest option possible for brighter lights to be used for Winter driving. I am in Canada

Thanks

I believe that Silverstars would be whiter (maybe brighter) than stock, but I just read a thread where we shouldn't use HIRs (maybe HIDs). It's all Greek to me. Eventually, I'm installing Silverstars as long as I can get the store to do it for me! Doesn't appear to be a lot of room to do this. With all my back issues I can't be bent over that long! :(

It is 'don't install HIDs' unless you use a full projector, which is a lot of work and means modifying your reflectors.

HIRs work fine, but you need to trim one tab on each bulb to make it fit.

Bulbs like Silverstars are simply white/blue tinted bulbs, unless you go for high wattage bulbs, which is a very slippery slope.

Daniel Stern has a bunch of useful information on the topic of bulb technology:

www.danielsternlighting.com

Edited by bramfrank