Programming RKE Transmitter

Hi All,

I purchased my Used Dodge Journey 2009 a year ago in the UK. I'm really happy with it so far! However, when i purchased it I was given two Key remotes (RKE Transmitters) but I have only used one up until now. Today, I wanted to use the second one as the one I am using is becoming a little worn out on the rubber bits with the lock and unlock symbols.

I put new battery in it and it does not work...I'm not sure if it's been programmed to the car. Can anyone kindly tell me if there is anyway of finding out if this second remote is programmed to the car? perhaps a silly question, but I don't want to insert it in the engine and then mess everything up!

Thanks so much :yup:

Well, I opened the car with the working remote and then i used the second remote to start the car and it worked! so that's good but it won't open or unlock? any ideas what it could be? the second remote looks brand new...never used...could it be a question of reprogramming it? many thanks :)

Starting the engine is a good indication that it is programmed to the car. Try walking around the car 5 times constantly locking and unlocking the doors. I know that this sounds silly, but my Dealer once did this for me and it worked.

If this doesn't work, disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for about 15 minutes and then see what you get.