anyone have 265-35-22 tires on their journey

Justin77

i already have the wheels and toms sensors but still looking at tires, I've pretty much decided on pirelli 265-35-22 but want to see if anyone else has that size tire on their journey and how it fits. Ive searched the forum and saw one post saying you have to bend stuff etc to get the tires to fit, I'm hoping thats not true as don't want to bend anything on my journey. Anyway, if anyone has 265 35 22 tires please let me know.

On the Nitro Forum, guys were constantly trying to turn their Nitro into a Jeep. There is something called a pinch weld that had to be bent, and some of the plastic inner fender had to be removed. Not a good idea, IMHO.

For a reference, on my stock 19" Crossroad wheels, I'm running P255/50R19. These tires are 5.02" high, 10.04" wide, and 29.04" in diameter. I can not get my index fingernail in between the tire and the lower front spring bracket on the strut. This is probably the widest tires that can be installed. You might need wheels with a different offset to push the tire out. The Crossroad wheels do have a deeper dish, but I do not know by how much, when compared to other DJ wheels.