Left side brakes wearing faster than right

Well yesterday was going to the store and when I stopped I noticed the tale tale smell of brakes getting hot. Tried to baby it home but the right side got really hot. Managed to free things up by banging on the pads enough to get me home. Did not heat up again.

This morning took it up to my shop and pulled things apart. Someone before me had just replaced the pads up front . The only problem is they forgot to put one anti rattle clip in the lower inboard side. Well long story short new pads and new rotors. I noticed the left front rotor was a lot thinner than the right side which tells me it must have been turned a time or two more than the right .

Looks like stock calipers and rotors .where still on it

Now just keeping an eye on the brakes , I know the 2009 was hard on brakes. So thinking I might just go ahead and replace the calipers too. The left side does not seem to be locking up as the caliper moves freely .just wondering if the missing clip caused the pads to bind up. I noticed the pads did not wear even with a lot of wear on the front part like it was jammed

Is there something the the antilock brakes or the esp system that keeps some extra pressure on the calipers

Think it was the missing clip . Lots of wear on the pad that it's was missing.. Took a little 30 mile drive and the brakes feel better. I noticed a drop in Rams need to keep the truck at 50 . Before I fixed the barks issue I had to keep the revs up a little past the 2k. Mark on the tach or about 2100 to 2200 rpm . Now it's below the 2k mark or about 1800 or so guess that side was really dragging ..

Hope this takes car of it , I used Wagner pads and rotors and purchased the higher end semi-metlaic pads.

Guess Sunday I will check out the rears

Could not find bigger brakes for this model year .

It had the original rotors , still had mopar on the inside and looked like who ever did the brakes last just threw in a set of autozone pads and did not take the time to clean everything up right. The slide pins on that side where a little gummy too so I took them out and lubed them up pretty good. We also worked the caliper in and out a few time and the bled the lines until the brake fluid came out clear .

Going to flush the whole system soon.

With Wagner termo quiet brake pads and new after market rotors I am amazed on how strong the brakes are now. Much much more stopping power. Pulled the back brakes and they look good ..before the brakes where so so .. I had checked them before they locked up and saw new pads but did not notice the rotors. Looks like the rotors must have been turned a few times and where original.

Now just running through a few things that buying a used car surprises you with . Now it's a small shimmy in the stearing wheel around 55 which stops at 60. Might have lost a wheel weight messing about with the tire on the side of the road as it was not there before the brake job. I double checked my work by pulling everything apart and and making sure everything is tight. The passages side seems to have a little wear on the tie rods and not sure if it's inside or outside but plan on changing both on both sides of the truck and getting a alignment performed again. The dealer where I bought it said they just did amour wheel alignment but don't see how the miss the tie rods.

In regards to autozone I have had no luck with them . Bought a dura last alternator for my old deville and it last six months . Bought some sway bar bushings and end links and they last four months before I had to replace them with Orem parts.

Could not find bigger brakes for this model year .

It had the original rotors , still had mopar on the inside and looked like who ever did the brakes last just threw in a set of autozone pads and did not take the time to clean everything up right. The slide pins on that side where a little gummy too so I took them out and lubed them up pretty good. We also worked the caliper in and out a few time and the bled the lines until the brake fluid came out clear .

Going to flush the whole system soon.

You have to get the brakes from the late 2012 and on model years... If you buy everything, you can do a complete swap and end up with the better brakes on the newer models. There are several posts on the forum about it, but one that goes into depth about the parts needed and the install.