HID LIGHTS ON 2015 JOURNEY CROSSROADS

If they are before and after shots (and I suspect they are not) it is NOT good - you would blind all oncoming traffic with that pattern.

On the other hand, if they are indeed low/high HID images, then that low beam pattern is awesome!!.

first shot is low beam, second is high beam... No blinding from that setup.

Im starting to see more and more that the DJ forum is not a forum for those who want to customize. Rather speak on the good and bad of the vehicle. I get it in a sense. Some vehicles have an aftermarket platform that just goes with customization and doing things that others can appreciate. Ill tell the O.P. this. Do what you want to your vehicle. Its yours, you pay for it. Now days doing things to the vehicle that didnt come with it like Hids you will always get the nay sayers and the do it the right way guys will always have something to say. I think i heard something earlier about someone saying good thing i was taught never to look into headlights. Thats the friggin truth, there is a reason cars make auto dimming mirrors. Or have that little tab that helps combat vehicles with bright ass lights.Honestly you can get blinded by bright ass lights period. I had a F150 with standard halogen lights but in the right spot behind other cars i would always get the question if i had my high beams on cuz i was blinding them when i was behind them. When all it really was, was the fact that my big ass truck behind your little ass car makes my lights look brighter in your mirror. And when i owned my Acura TL with factory 4500K hid lighting would blind people head on just because some foolish people want to look dead into them. Sure you can always say use Hids with the proper set up. But IMHO its all on the kelvin of the bulbs you use. You get the closest to an OEM as possible and aim them right shouldnt be to much of a problem. Anything over 5000k is bright. So go for man. You want that look, then do it. Its not fake if you bought it. Make it work for you. Take pics and be happy. Some will hate, some might like.

Nope. Unless you are below the cutoff line on projectors you can look directly at them with zero blinding. Your TL's were one of the best projectors available (IMO) and anyone who complained about being blinded was clearly high as a kite or an old bag ready to complain about anything. I agree, do what you want with your vehicle, but it doesn't change the facts...in a halogen housing HID's send light EVERYWHERE, the beam pattern is unfocused and scattered and the light output is horseshit compared to the proper installation using a projector designed for those bulbs. It is just a fact and sharing that information with people is exactly what forums like this are for...education. Anyone who has had a proper HID setup would never be able to go to a plug and play as the difference is just too great. Once again, I agree that we all have different tastes and that people should be proud of what they have done with their vehicles if it makes them happy. That beings said, pride doesn't mean that you have done something correctly. I won't bag on people for their choices, but I will share knowledge and hopefully every once in a while someone learns something from me and increases their knowledge base and satisfaction with their vehicle.

Edited by Lobitz68

• 4 weeks later...

I converted the stock HI Beams to HIDs in my Freemont. I use a driving light relay harness to power the modules and the stock harness to provide the signal to the relay. Results are that the HID's flash once when firing up and then build up steadily with no flickering.

The road laws in OZ states that "using HID's in the main beam (dipped, or low) the headlights must have self leveling and washers. In the HI beam (driving) there are no restrictions as you should dip your light in oncoming traffic.

That's why hi beams only, low beams require all the extra's to stay legal, not to mention as above the low beams setups are very specific to the light globes fitted and the optics of the reflectors are not set up for HID's.

I converted the stock HI Beams to HIDs in my Freemont. I use a driving light relay harness to power the modules and the stock harness to provide the signal to the relay. Results are that the HID's flash once when firing up and then build up steadily with no flickering.

The road laws in OZ states that "using HID's in the main beam (dipped, or low) the headlights must have self leveling and washers. In the HI beam (driving) there are no restrictions as you should dip your light in oncoming traffic.

That's why hi beams only, low beams require all the extra's to stay legal, not to mention as above the low beams setups are very specific to the light globes fitted and the optics of the reflectors are not set up for HID's.

I would think that unless you were away from traffic and had them on for a while, HIDs would be fairly useless in the high beam. As you stated, there is a warm up time, so constantly turning them off and on would seem to mean that they are rarely producing full lumens... Probably shorten their life too.