255/55/19

focusedmonk

Hey all

I am new to DJ world and I have a 2014 RT with stock 225/55/19 tires. I would like to run a 255/55/19. the tire size difference is plus 1.3 inches tall and plus 1.14 inches wide. I was thinking of using a Wrangler off road rated spacer to accommodate for the size difference. Any thoughts?

I am running P255/50R19s. I can barely get my index finger nail between the front strut lower mount and the tire. I believe this tire is the widest 50 series tire that can be mounted. The Ultra Black Crossroad wheels do seem to have a deeper dish than the rest of the wheels available to the DJ; so this may be my saving grace.

Edited by dhh3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try one and see. See if your tire dealer will let you mount one. Do it in the front. The front strut spring mounts is where you will find the interference. No problem in the back. My 255/50R19s are the size that Dodge mounted on the Red Show DJ when the Crossroad edition was being introduced. I think that Dodge would have mounted the largest tire possible for the "right" look, even though they eventually did not sell the Crossroad this way.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet ride Dhh3. Those fat tires take the look to a Whole Nother' Level.

Thank you for the compliment. I actually bought it for the color! It had leather seats so I assumed it had heated seats. Not! I had a local Car Accessory Shop do the install. Next summer I may add a sunroof. This shop uses the same sunroof as the factory.

• 9 months later...