2012 Dodge Journey, repeatedly not starting

debbielop@aol.com

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey, 35685 Miles, 4 cyls, automatic, 4D. I am not a mechanic but I have taken it in for this same problem to Melloy dodge in Albuquerque, NM

below is my notes of what has been going on, now this morning it won't start again. I keep having it jumped and then drive it in. but they cannot find anything. I am an older women on oxygen. Please help i don't know what to do.

4/2/2015 Journey won't start Couldn't find anything wrong 4/27/2015 Journey won't start Couldn't find anything wrong 5/14/2015 Journey won't start Perry said replaced the body control module which he said it was losing communication does not say that on the paperwork 5/15/2015 dash lights won't shut off, radio won't turn on (showed Perry the radio) they stayed on for 2 hours while I was at meeting then came home and could not get them to shut off till after about 15 minutes of turning the car off & on & to ACC then finally they shut off they found the radio connection off and they connected it they could not duplicate the dash lights staying on we will have to see

more info would be helpful... What do you mean by "won't start"? Any number of things could be happening... What conditions are present during the "no start" scenarios? Is it making any noises? What is the dash doing? etc, etc...

• Official Dodge Support

Hi debbielop,

Is the vehicle currently experiencing any of these concerns? Also, when the vehicle has not started for you, do you know if there were any trouble codes present?

They ended up calling the engineers, and they say it is the radio that is not fully shutting off and then draining the battery, so they have ordered me a new radio that they will install on Monday or Tuesday. I got a case # from Dodge and they are keeping track of all of it now. They told me if this radio does not fix it I am to call them back with my case number and they will get with the dealer again. I appreciate your help and will let you know if this solved the problem or not.

Debbie