Good evening from B.C.

minimike

Hey guys and gals. Came across this site searching for info on the engine oil capacity of the 3.6L. Seems I'm not the only one who drained more oil out than the manual says is required lol. Anyways all is good with that.

I did however read on a related post that the cartridge oil filter we need isn't available at Walmart etc. I don't know about the US but they are now available at my local Walmart for about $10. Not sure if this is new or not but ya you can now grab your oil change stuff with your groceries, video games, TV, cheap clothes, work boots, lawn mower, prescriptions, and beer for those of you that live south of the border!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals. Came across this site searching for info on the engine oil capacity of the 3.6L. Seems I'm not the only one who drained more oil out than the manual says is required lol. Anyways all is good with that.

I did however read on a related post that the cartridge oil filter we need isn't available at Walmart etc. I don't know about the US but they are now available at my local Walmart for about $10. Not sure if this is new or not but ya you can now grab your oil change stuff with your groceries, video games, TV, cheap clothes, work boots, lawn mower, prescriptions, and beer for those of you that live south of the border!

In know this is old, but there is so much wrong with the OP's post:

Not sure I understand. He apparently read the owners manual, did not he not get to the part where it states fluid capacities?

"drained more oil out than the manual says"?? Where does it tell you not to drain all the oil out when changing the oil?

In know this is old, but there is so much wrong with the OP's post:

Not sure I understand. He apparently read the owners manual, did not he not get to the part where it states fluid capacities?

"drained more oil out than the manual says"?? Where does it tell you not to drain all the oil out when changing the oil?

This is only an assumption, but I'm thinking that when he drained his oil he ended up having more come out than the manual stated as the fill capacity. Being concerned he went on his naked lady giver and saw our forum with posts relating to his "issue"... Not sure where the discrepancy is though, as my manual states the correct capacity.