2010 Journey won't shut off with key removed!

Anybody else have this problem?

It's not a keyless system, but the key is electronic. You insert it and turn just like a conventional key.

Now you can move it to the lock position and remove the key, but it does not shut down! You can remove the key from the vehicle and drive it till it runs out of gas. I have to disconnect the battery to shut it off , if you reconnect the battery after dying it acts like it's still in the run position (all electrics still work). The engine is not "Dieseling" and I've changed the batteries in both key fobs!

post-11159-0-13740600-1430079769_thumb.j

Different reason - that recall was because if you had too many keys, dice and rabbit's feet hanging from the transponder it could rotate to the off position . . . . . for some reason FCA had to increase the spring pressure, because people couldn't figure out that 2 pounds of crap shouldn't be hanging off your key ring. GM went through the same craziness.

Edited by bramfrank

• Official Dodge Support

Hi Jhollifield,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your concern. I did some research and unfortunately did not find any TSBs related to your concern. I recommend bringing your vehicle to an FCA dealership for a formal diagnosis. If you would like any assistance in scheduling an appointment, please let me know.