LED front turn signal

Hello, my Journey is a 2013 RT, from Canada.

So every single bulb I put in, no matter the quality, ends up not working at all, either no blinking, either the switchback isn't turning on or anything.

I ordered some other lights now.

First I tried these, no success: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/3157-switchback-led-bulb--dual-intensity-60-smd-led-tower,-a-type/1916/4478/

First of all, upon receiving, it does not fit in the socket, had to trim the tabs (VOIDING WARRANTY, OF COURSE) just to TEST them. Putting them in, my parking lights do not fire up the white at all. Putting on my blinker just STROBES the heck out of the white LEDs. If I have my parking lights turned on and want to blink my flashers, huh oh.. nothing.

Switching polarity never worked.

45$ down the drain. Thanks SBL.

Then I just ordered these ones, going back to normal dual intensity, not idea what it's gonna do: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/3157-led-bulb--dual-intensity-28-high-power-led/1646/4176/

So am I doing something wrong ordering those? Any pointers??? -_-

I even tried Canbus switchbacks from Aliexpress and from eBay, canbus and not canbus, all miserable fails. Tired of spending 30$+ each time.

PLUS, I void the warranty every time because they ship 3157 instead of 3757.

Edited by francismori7

How can you tell if a DJ has LEDs?

Instant on-off toggling, pure coloring, and knowing the owners?

Of they send you junk or the wrong item via eBay then use negative feedback as your weapon. I've made sellers pay dearly for screwing me over. You can also dispute it with PayPal. They always side with the buyer.

Just make sure the issue isn't on your end first.

Exactly! I know right. Often they send me the same junk over again so I just let go.

• 1 month later...

What relay did you replace the OEM turn signal relay with? The Journey uses incandescent bulbs OEM, so I wouldn't be surprised if Dodge didn't give it an electronic turn signal relay that works with LEDs. The low electrical load would cause conventional relays to think the bulbs are blown and set to hyperflash. I had to replace the conventional relay with an electronic one made for TJ Wranglers when I installed clear corner turn signal lenses and switchback LED bulbs in my 300M Special last year.

If we do have electronic relays, then I would suggest a higher quality bulb, such as VLEDS.com.