seat covers with side impact airbags

journeygal

just purchased a 2015 Journey and would like to get some sheepskin seatcovers for the front seats. Ordered some that said they work with side impact airbags, but they had two sets of hooks to hook under the seat and with all the electrical wiring under the seat, this doesn't look like a good idea to me. Any ideas? Thanks!

I thought about seat covers too. My problem is, I have heated seats. The seat covers are designed to rip where the airbag is. I personally don't trust that though. If it slows down the airbag even a millisecond, then it won't be fully deployed when you hit it. YouTube a side impact crash test. You'll see what I mean.

Thanks..my last car was a 2003 Dodge Caravan Sport. Never thought about side airbags being a problem with seat covers. I would've gotten another Caravan (tho I guess they come with side airbags now), but the new Caravans look like Kleenex boxes on wheels. Guess I'll have to be careful, though I imagine the upholstery is pretty sturdy. Tell that to my 90lb. dog!