can someone help me with the remote start, keyless entry system?

Hello I just bought a 2011 AWD v6 model on Saturday. 83K miles. I am having trouble figuring out a few things. I have remote start, are the doors supposed to unlock when I am near the car automatically? It doesn't when it is locked but when my car is unlocked when I come near it I hear the actuators trying to unlock the doors.

Also my car seems to unlock itself randomly.

My last issue is I am unable to dim the information screen on the dash. There is an option that states when lights are on what the screen brightness can be but it is grayed out and I can't adjust. The screen is too bright at night.

Any help is appreciated. I am liking the vehicle, but it seems to have a few glitches.

the car should not unlock unless you touch the door handles or press the unlock button on the remote,now that said my 2011 that i had ,no problem but with my 2014 after i get out and have pushed the lock button and get about to the rear of the car they unlock and the car beeps 3 times as if i left my keys inside. only happens once in a while and the dealer has no idea what is causing it. the dimming dial is supposed to dim all your lights so not sure why you would be having that problem. maybe other posters can help, you might run by your local dodge dealership and ask for a little help on figuring it out ,, good luck also as the newer cars come with more fancy bells and whistles the more problems you can end up with,i still haven't paired up my phone with my 2014 and haven't even used the cd or dvd player and its been almost a yr now....

Edited by 2late4u

Turn your lights off. Touch the brightness with lights on soft key. Set a number. I have mine on 7. Turn your lights on. The dimmer switch by the light switch has 3 hard positions: all the way - interior lights on, down one detent - daylight use. down one more detent and the screen will go to the number that you set it on. This is the only way that I can figure out how to do it. There may be a way for this to be automatic, but I have never been able to figure it out. At night, I turn on my lights; Screen is still bright. Rotate the dimmer switch down one detent, and the screen goes to 7, which I set it to do.

• Official Dodge Support

Hi Journeyaholic,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your concerns. Did 2late4u and dhh3’s replies answer your questions? I would recommend taking your vehicle to an FCA dealership to diagnose your concerns if they continue to occur.