• Official Dodge Support

Hi guys,, I need help if somebody experience or problem like my DJ back door switch,, I replace the battery of my 2012 keyfob,, the driver door and passenger side door is working,, but the back door switch is not everytime I push it,, is there somebody encounter that,, thanks a lot,,

Tito Mon,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with the key fob.

The switch itself may be problematic and/or worn out.

At this stage, I would recommend having your dealer look at both the key fob and your vehicle to verify what the issue may be.

• 6 months later...

The key fob remote could be worn out. The fobs can attract moisture if there's any cracks in the rubber push buttons or plastic casing has been broken exposing the inside. The electronic circuit board inside can get oxidized and prevent the small metal buttons from making contact when you press any function (panic, unlick, lock, start) on the remote.

I put key fob and keys in the ruler pocket of my jeans. The fob has now been cleaned 2x in the washer with Arm and Hammer detergent and Downey softener. Still works fine! I need to stop doing this!

Wow dhh3! Things go well for you. Both of mine are cracked and exposed. My daughter threw one of the two FOB's on the macadum this weekend and it busted into gazillion pieces. I have one left!

I put key fob and keys in the ruler pocket of my jeans. The fob has now been cleaned 2x in the washer with Arm and Hammer detergent and Downey softener. Still works fine! I need to stop doing this!

Wow dhh3! Things go well for you. Both of mine are cracked and exposed. My daughter threw one of the two FOB's on the macadum this weekend and it busted into gazillion pieces. I have one left!

Dave uses Downey fabric softener, so if you had run them through the washer and used Bounce it might not have busted.