Cruise control operation.

xcaliber81

Took a 1800 km road trip in my car and I noticed a few times my cruise shut off once I hit a pretty good dip in the road and the second I think I may have hydroplaned, Both times I had to turn the cruise on and reset my speed it this normal operation for cruise control?

Think so. If it detects and abnormal wheel spin, it will shut it off. Guess you hit that dip hard enough for a tire to lose contact with the pavement momentarily or just hard enough where the computer thought you were losing control.

Depending on how many tires were hydroplaning, the wheel sensors picked up different rotational speeds of the tires and shut it off. It is pretty amazing how quickly this happens.

My brain should work as good! LOL

Edited by dhh3

Depending on how many tires were hydroplaning, the wheel sensors picked up different rotational speeds of the tires and shut it off. It is pretty amazing how quickly this happens.

My brain should work as good! LOL

It was instantly, I drive though a puddle on the road and boom it was off. Edited by xcaliber81

• Official Dodge Support

Took a 1800 km road trip in my car and I noticed a few times my cruise shut off once I hit a pretty good dip in the road and the second I think I may have hydroplaned, Both times I had to turn the cruise on and reset my speed it this normal operation for cruise control?

xcaliber81,

This sounds normal for the speed control operation based on your account of events.

If the system detects a loss of traction (vehicle hydroplaning), it will disengage as a safety feature.

This feature is great for those commuting on higher speed highways with heavy snow cover considering you could come up to a thicker patch and remain in control.

Keep an eye on things, get your Journey to your dealer if you feel something is off.