Touring Suspension vs Normal Suspension

I just bought a 2015 DJ without knowing it had touring suspension. Can someone please tell me what the difference is between touring suspension and normal suspension on a Dodge Journey? Is one better than the other?

Suspension levels in the Journey lineup are determined by the stiffness rating of the shock absorbers. Touring has firmer shock rates than Base, Performance has higher rates than Touring, and R/T has the firmest shocks of all levels. R/T *may* have higher spring rates than the others as well but I have not been able to confirm that in my literature. DHH - all of Chrysler's build sheets list four springs. It's the sales code that corresponds to the spring itself that determines if one has a different rating than another.

Suspension levels in the Journey lineup are determined by the stiffness rating of the shock absorbers. Touring has firmer shock rates than Base, Performance has higher rates than Touring, and R/T has the firmest shocks of all levels. R/T *may* have higher spring rates than the others as well but I have not been able to confirm that in my literature. DHH - all of Chrysler's build sheets list four springs. It's the sales code that corresponds to the spring itself that determines if one has a different rating than another.

Why are each of the 4 springs listed independently on the build sheet, under the options section? I would think that springs would be standard! LOL

Why are each of the 4 springs listed independently on the build sheet, under the options section? I would think that springs would be standard! LOL

Chrysler has always done it that way. The build sheet for my 2000 300M lists springs in the Options section as well. Yes, springs are definitely standard on all cars! :) The only thing that comes to mind are certain models of Chrysler vehicles have different rate springs within their lineup. My 300M has an optional Performance Handling Group with includes a higher rate spring than a Touring model.