auto headlights

I had the same question. My dealer said the wiring MAY be there. The only way to install auto headlights is to remove most of the dash to install the sensor. The switch is not the proplem. He quoted me a ridiculous amount of coin and labor. I'll ride with the manual switch.

The sensor is the little dome that sits in the center of the defrost cover. I have one, but I do not have auto headlamps, so I do not know what purpose it serves. Another thread on the forum says the harness is taped to the steering column. I have been told by 2 different techs that I have a wire hanging down by the radio. If this is the harness for auto headlights, all that would need to be done, at least in my case, would be to connect the harness to the dome sensor, and exchange my light switch for one that has the AUTO position. My Dealer quoted me at least $2,000 because they have to remove the dash.

If I could find the harness, and since the forward part of the dash is a separate piece, I was thinking that I could do it by removing the defroster cover, fish a coat hanger down to the steering column, locate the harness and pull it up to the sensor. I have the sensor; I am not sure about the harness.