Brand new owner

bfurth

If you can't tell, I'm new here. My wife and I just bought a 2015 Journey SE (2.4l) yesterday. Between my '03 Malibu being just about ready to die from what is either a head gasket or intake manifold gasket failure (that I had no desire to keep digging to figure out which) and baby #3 on the way, we needed a second "large" vehicle. We've already got a 2010 Town and Country, and I've been very pleased with it over the 3 years we've had it (undersized brakes aside, and now that it finally doesn't burn oil like the rest of the 3.8l blocks - horay for the Chrysler 100,000 mile powertrain warranty!!!)

So, we decided we wanted something with a similar footprint to my old car (I like being able to use my driveway, but it's only 16 feet wide, and it's already got a T&C in it), but had optional seating for 7. The only vehicle that fit the bill (and didn't break the bank) was the Journey. It helps that I've had fairly good experience with the service department of the local dealer for getting warranty work done on the van.

I've been using the Chrysler minivan fan forum for the last 3 years to get and offer help for everyone else, so I have been looking for a new "home" to go with my new vehicle.

I do all of our vehicle maintenance, and I plan on keeping my Journey until the engine falls out - hopefully it's long enough to get my son (turns 5 next week :confused: ) old enough to teach him to drive.

So far, I have to say, it's a HUGE step up from my 12 year old vehicle (no kidding). Comfortable, decent enough power, and plenty enough space under the hood to do the basics - makes for one happy new owner!

Edited by bfurth