Lowering Springs

Roly

I know it's like beating a dead horse, but I just looked through the European market and realized that the H&R makes springs for the Freemont 2011 and up 4cyl fwd/awd for about $320...plus shipping. just a food for thought.

I know it's like beating a dead horse, but I just looked through the European market and realized that the H&R makes springs for the Freemont 2011 and up 4cyl fwd/awd for about $320...plus shipping. just a food for thought.

Is it the same part number for FWD and AWD? If so, the "American version" probably fits both too...

Lowering has always been a yeah or nay, but I will admit it does change the look and feel of the car. I live in Miami and never have to deal with snow or rough terrain. The only other option is to swap in R/T springs and rear swaybar for flatter steering and a slightly lower center of gravity.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe people in Europe are shorter, they need lower cars, so theres an actual market to support them?? :lol:

Too funny. I don't see the use personally, I go camping most of the summer and the way it is the DJ makes it to pretty good spots without dings and scratches or ...difficulties.

Personally I don't see the point. The RT's suspension handles my driving in hard turns upwards of 130 kmph. No matter how much I'd lower it I wouldn't try to match the Mercedes wagon speed in those turns. I can easily tackle them with the Mercedes with 160+, the DJs top is 140 with my butt cheeks tightly squeezed. It's a family car, comfortable family car. Save your money or put RT suspension on it.