Re-Introduce myself 2015 DJ Owner

Dee

Hi, she's back.... I'm known as Dee,

I finally got down to it and settled for a DJ SE. I toyed for days, and finally decided on reliable transportation I went with a DJ SE, Blue Fathom Pearl, 6 cyl, AWD. Only add ons; Customer Preferred 28F, Flexible Seating Group, Premium Group, and Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth®. I picked it up today, and I couldn't be happier. Not all the bells and whistles I don't need, but the kind of ride I do need, as I come down off of a monster with a running board. Remember, my 10 year old truck only had 41K miles on it, so it's not like I'm driving all over needing more than I got.

As I drove home this evening, I was punching it way to fast for not knowing where I was going, and she took an exit with a slight bending turn without a skip. That's how I knew I was in love! My past Blazer or Envoy would have skipped at least once.

So whomever told me to take a second longer test drive, thank you! I wouldn't have a DJ today otherwise.

Accessories on my list;

Wind deflectors

Bug deflector (maybe)

Floor Mats (didn't come with any, surprised I got a full tank of gas for what I paid.)

Fog Lights (if available, not in a hurry)

Maybe new darker wheels.

Oh, she needs a name, my Envoy was Silver Surfer, I think it seen the beach more than I did. :yahoo:

Thank you thank you thank. Way to go dhh3, the DJ offered silly features I liked above all other vehicles (storage, etc.), along with the complaints being low compared to other vehicles for the past few years. The dealer called Saturday telling me there was another 500 off of the price, so I knew I was purchasing Sunday, no more excuses. Well, someone must have made a mistake. He wasn't there, the guy that took over the deal said the 500 was already rolled into the deal. I played back the voice mail, HA! So today I go find my vehicle on the net from the dealer so I can show a friend in RI, and low and behold, all DJ's have increased, including mine, by $500!

They'll make money off the finance, I took it, I needed to boost my credit score, I can pay off if I need to, but the rates were the same as years ago when I had excellent credit, that was a shocker!

Some good buys out there on 2015 SXT's, FWD with camera w/assist, 5 year Garmin, sunroof, seemed like it had everything except leather and AWD, $25,000.

LOL@rolly!! I love putting up the 3rd seat and not having to run all the way to the back of the front seat for bags or kero cans. aww she rides smooth on open roads.... It's raining here, I need floor mats real bad, I guess I'll try the Big Boys Truck Store tomorrow, if not I'll order on line.

Hi, she's back.... I'm known as Dee,

I finally got down to it and settled for a DJ SE. I toyed for days, and finally decided on reliable transportation I went with a DJ SE, Blue Fathom Pearl, 6 cyl, AWD. Only add ons; Customer Preferred 28F, Flexible Seating Group, Premium Group, and Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth®. I picked it up today, and I couldn't be happier. Not all the bells and whistles I don't need, but the kind of ride I do need, as I come down off of a monster with a running board. Remember, my 10 year old truck only had 41K miles on it, so it's not like I'm driving all over needing more than I got.

As I drove home this evening, I was punching it way to fast for not knowing where I was going, and she took an exit with a slight bending turn without a skip. That's how I knew I was in love! My past Blazer or Envoy would have skipped at least once.

So whomever told me to take a second longer test drive, thank you! I wouldn't have a DJ today otherwise.

Accessories on my list;

Wind deflectors

Bug deflector (maybe)

Floor Mats (didn't come with any, surprised I got a full tank of gas for what I paid.)

Fog Lights (if available, not in a hurry)

Maybe new darker wheels.

Oh, she needs a name, my Envoy was Silver Surfer, I think it seen the beach more than I did. :yahoo:

Oh no, the Journey SE is the only model of the Journey line up that has a transmission made by another manufacturer and is known to be a guaranteed failure along with timing belt issues and oil seals that will leak within 10,000 miles....you picked the wrong model!!!!

Just kidding enjoy your new ride Dee! :)

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Now wouldn't it had been just my luck! Figuring all I've been through, I still keep finding dealers lied to me, the one thing I hate is a lie. So they didn't squeeze the extra 500 out of me, they had to give me the price they said they would on my old clunker, and then tried to take it back. As I sat there and said "I'll write a check" they then did a soft pull on my credit, so they said. (love creditkarma, they tell you everything, and it's all for free) Nope, it was a hard inquiry, shows 2 hits in one day, doesn't much matter since I got took the finance, but geez, it was like what else could go wrong???? I think the word was out from here to NY, "a lady will call asking what the real price is, tell her.........."

Hey, but is it true that a 2013 that's been sitting for over 15 months will have issues with seals drying out? Or anything else drying out for that matter, I noticed that the other 2013 lost it's new car smell. I'm glad I got a 2015, ready to put a bow on it for Christmas, lol

dhh3, I'm more inclined to think it's because they don't want to sell unless they're close to MSRP, they have 3-2013's on the lot, the highest mileage was on a granite one, at 222. I won't go back there for anything. I wonder why they wanted an identity form filled out, when the dealership I bought from didn't even ask for it, and I wrote a 5 figure check there?

I'm simple when it comes to deals, tell me what you want, how much for trade in, and if I like the price I'll take it. Why make it so hard otherwise?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, but is it true that a 2013 that's been sitting for over 15 months will have issues with seals drying out? Or anything else drying out for that matter, I noticed that the other 2013 lost it's new car smell. I'm glad I got a 2015, ready to put a bow on it for Christmas, lol

Not likely to have any issues with seals drying out anytime soon. Even so, most if not all seals which are fluid-related are covered in the five year/100K powertrain warranty. The new car smell is caused by the outgassing of plastics. Outgassing also causes that fog build up on the inside of the windshield which is similar to someone smoking inside the car. Anyway, once the interior plastics are no longer outgassing, the new car smell diminishes.

A local mechanic said better to pass on the 2013 that has 4 miles on it since it sat threw the polar vortex without anyone starting or driving it. I know I lost my windshield reservoir on the Envoy during that chill. So did some other lady I spoke to that has a Dodge, she said Dodge paid to fix hers under warranty.

No problem with the car sitting - your mechanic probably consulted his Ouija board before coming up with that one - if sitting did cause issues, you can be certain that Dodge would have a disclaimer in place.

As to salesmen? I went through hell getting my deal from a local dealers, but finally got them to not only give me my price, but had them toss in winter wheels and tires as well as selling me Chrysler's 7 year extended warranty at their true cost, which I knew from running a buyer's group for my last DJ.

The simplest thing was my negotiating tactic - because I don't care HOW they get to the price, it is ONLY about the size of the check you have to write. They can have my trade for free if they give me a corresponding discount on the vehicle and the payment includes all of the features and services we discussed. And no, there was no way I would take their financing (they wanted me to take a loan and pay it back in a month, and they offered to reimburse me for the loan costs - the spiff must be pretty high). I am using tax paid money to buy the vehicle and the simple fact if that my time is more valuable to me than their profit - since it would have had no impact on my costs, I passed.

But dealers insist on weaving an obstacle course littered with smoke and broken mirrors. Why? Because clearly a lot of people do get confused and will sign their deal, if for no other reason than to get the matter over with and get out of the dealership and be away from the pressure tactics.

Well, he wasn't my mechanic, but what he was saying about buying a new 2015 over a sitting 2013 made sense. As far as financing, I didn't need it other than to boost my credit score. I'll be moving, I won't need to finance the house, but there's other things I'm looking into financing. I just know next time I'm not dealing with dealerships that don't put the true price on the internet. If I have to start with a low price and start adding rebates that I don't qualify for back on the price of the vehicle, well then there's no deal.