New Journey on Order

GReading

Just ordered a new Journey R/T AWD last friday. It is red with the beige interior. I always use forums like this as you can get alot of useful information and help. As I have ordered the trailer tow group I will be looking at the forum that has the trailer hitch topics. I will also be installing the side chrome moulding (I don't know why cars don't come with this any more) and the hood deflector (I would prefer chrome but I have only seen them in smoke).

I chose this vehicle based on a couple of test drives and the value you get for the purchase price. The colour was between the light sandstone or the red, both with the beige interior. The red won out.

I'm currently waiting to hear when it will be scheduled.

• 1 month later...

Before the American bankruptcy it was scheduled to be built by mid May and shipped with delivery around mid June. The factory in Mexico is now closed during the bankruptcy hearings. Because it was scheduled and had been assigned a VIN I am told it will still be built but there will not be much detail until the bankruptcy is resolved. My lease on my Dakota ends on July 3rd so I'll have to decide by late June as to whether I'll continue with the purchase or look for something else.

There are other vehicles I like but will cost substantially more than the Journey. Right now I'm prepared to wait and see what happens. If I do cancel out I hope that some year end deals make some of the other CUV's a little more cost competitive.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been informed that my Journey has now moved up 3 status ranks from "Available to Schedule" to "Firm Schedule" and they are expecting to get some dates very soon.

The lease on my Dakota is up on July 3rd and Chrysler Finance wants too much money for a 6 month extension (that would be cancelled once the Journey is delivered). They want $618 CAN a month and I figure approximately $400 is what it's worth. They certainly don't seem to want to be supportive to someone who has not cancelled out during the American Bankruptcy, which has caused havoc with all their factories and vehicle deliveries. It's a good thing my dealer is supportive and is working out a much more realistic cost on a loaner vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just been informed by my son, who works at the dealership, that my Journey just arrived. The ETA had been delayed until this Friday as they were back logged taking the cars off the train, so they were not expecting it today. I hope to have it by this weekend.

My son also said that the red with beige interior looks really good.