dead battery

colleen

have been having the same problem as Ms Klein, as soon as it gets cold the battery dies even though it is plugged in. I think this is the 5th time in a year,spanning two winters, that we have had our journey into the dealer. we have new batteries in our key fobs, then new fobs, then a recharge on the battery and finally a new battery last March. Now it is there again. I feel lie they think it is totally our fault and are not really tryi ng to find the source of the problem. It is niceto hear others are in the same boat...although we are freezing in the cold.. Intetested tomhear any solutions to the problem, short of putting a kill switch on the battery.

There are a number of things to look at with regards to battery

drain.

1.Do you leave a fob within 6 ft of the vehicle when parked?

This keeps the BCM (body control module) constantly active.

2.Check to see if light stays on in glove box due to poor closure.

3.Do you have any aftermarket electrical gear/gadgets installed on the DJ?

I agree, there is a parasitic draw on the battery from something. They can easily test for that if they are competent mechanics. It should be easy to narrow down what is drawing power from the battery by isolating the circuits. Once the problem is found it should be pretty easy to remedy.