Water Leaking On Drivers Foot

otavio15

Hi everyone. I tried to find in the forums someone that had the same problem as I have, but I had no luck to find one.

I have a 2009 SXT DJ, and I live in Brazil, so we are almost on summer and it's very hot in here, so I use the a/c everyday.

Yesterday I started to notice that everytime I made a left turn, I could hear something dripping inside the a/c ducts. Then, whenever I made a right turn, hot water started to leak on my foot, very hot water. But the a/c is working perfectly.

I tried to find from where the water was leaking, and I could see that it came from the panel, but upwards.

Can be the a/c radiator, or a blocked drain?

Thanks everybody

In the past this complaint has usually been found to be

the result of a plugged drain on the AC evaporator assy.

The water accumulates and spills over when the car is

turning and can be the cause of the musty smell when

AC or defrost is used.

I had the same problem on my 2013. It was the AC drain hose. The dealer had to take out the whole dash and the two front seats to fix it. They found that the drain hose was kinked. They had to put in a new one. It took them 4 weeks to do it. I was sure glad the warranty covered it! Good luck!!!!

Edited by Trains123

I had the same problem on my 2013. It was the AC drain hose. The dealer had to take out the whole dash and the two front seats to fix it. They found that the drain hose was kinked. They had to put in a new one. It took them 4 weeks to do it. I was sure glad the warranty covered it! Good luck!!!!

Wow... that sounds like a nightmare!!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Indeed it was the AC drain hose that was clogged. I took the car to an AC especialized mechanic and he did the job in a few hours. Charged me about $40 to do the job.

Thanks!

Next time I need some work done I'm calling him!