Thanksgiving 2014

Ray Morrow

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Drove the DJ into the mouth of that nor'easter yesterday. I have to say, she did pretty good until we got to our destination, which is on the side of a mountain. Could not make it up. By that time there was about 7" of snow. The traction control actually made it harder. Had to turn it off so I could actually get power to the front wheels. This is as far as I made it. The road is clear now but yesterday it was covered.

Edited by jkeaton

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Drove the DJ into the mouth of that nor'easter yesterday. I have to say, she did pretty good until we got to our destination, which is on the side of a mountain. Could not make it up. By that time there was about 7" of snow. The traction control actually made it harder. Had to turn it off so I could actually get power to the front wheels. This is as far as I made it. The road is clear now but yesterday it was covered.

Looks like you made it into the driveway at least!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I made a turkey breast for myself. An easy recipe; turkey breast, crock pot, one envelope of onion soup mix. Rub the turkey breast down with the soup mix, throw it in the crockpot, 1 hour on high, 6-7 hours on low (I cheated, I cooked on high for about 5 hours), don't add anything else. This was the first time I didn't get tired of turkey and finished off the entire breast, rather than tossing it. I plan on trying it on a small chicken this weekend.

Back to jkeaton, I don't plan on driving in 7 inches of snow, I just want out once the crew passes in case I have to go to the store, I hate being stuck! It is beautiful though. Nothing is more beautiful than watching red Cardinals on a holly tree, or deer romping it the snow. I guess looking at a red DJ will have to do, glad you made it safe!